We know based on research that growth and development can be severely impaired by chemicals, pesticides, metals and other toxic substances. Is there anything that we can do now?
- We can support green efforts to decrease environmental pollutants.
- We can prepare for pregnancy by detoxifying 3-6 months before trying to conceive.
- We can address nutrient deficiencies and correct them.
- We can eat a diet rich in good quality protein, green leafy vegetables and complex carbohydrates.
- We can choose supplements like omega-3 and antioxidants to protect our cells.
- We can breastfeed our babies as it has been shown to decrease rates of ASD and ADHD.
Children with autism can benefit from increasing nutrient and antioxidant status. Correcting nutrient deficiencies, taking essential fatty acids and increasing antioxidant levels show positive improvements in language, social and cognitive development.